Aloe Vera is absolutely amazing. This succulent plant may very well hold the secrets to looking young and keeping your skin smooth, supple and wrinkle free. It is jam packed with so many great anti aging properties that are great for healing too.
- 20 amino acids- this makes cell renewal up to 8 times faster than normal.
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1 B2 B6 and B12- these all act as antioxidants and increase cell growth as well as metabolism.
- 20 minerals, such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc and more.
What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Aloe Gel
- ½ teaspoon of vegetable Glycerin
- 3 drops of coconut oil
First you need to get the gel. It is really easy. All you have to do is pick a leaf from the plant and squeeze it out. When you have 2 tablespoons ready, mix all the ingredients together until you have a homogenous gel of sorts.
Application is really simple. Just massage it into your face and let it sit until the skin sucks it all up.
So, what’s the deal with Glycerin? Well, to keep things simple, it acts as a humectant- a substance that helps retain water, which therefore makes a good moisturizer, reduces fine lines, and keeps the skin supple.
- TIP: Probably the best time to apply would be right after your evening shower. This will help lock the moisturizer in.
Anti Wrinkle Facial Mask
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Aloe Vera pulp
- 1 egg white
- 4 drops of rose water (this is only for fragrance though and is not really needed)
First you need to get the pulp. Pick a leaf then grate off its peeling of sorts. Then you want to mash it up until you have a nice smooth paste. Mix in your egg white as well as the 4 drops of rose water- mix well.
The best way to apply this mask, or any other facial mask for that matter, is to use a brush. Cover your face (of course leaving the eye and mouth areas) and leave for a good 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Why the egg white? This will actually help firm your skin, but just for a while, which makes it the perfect natural base for any homemade mask. As for it’s anti aging factors, it can actually help make the posed on your skin smaller, plus it is really great to fight acne too!
Aloe Vera Scrub
- 1 tablespoon of Aloe Gel
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
Again, you will have to get the gel first- pick a leaf or two and squeeze it out. Once you have a full tablespoon, add the other two ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Since this scrub is going to act as an exfoliant, you want to massage it gently on your face in a circular motion. Do this for about 3-5 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water. Pat dry after.
The brown sugar in this scrub is actually what does all of the scrubbing. You see, you want to get rid of dead skin cells to reveal a brighter and much more radiant complexion- and that is exactly what these tiny gentle grains do.
Just The Way It Is
As mentioned earlier, Aloe Vera is pretty much a little wonder all on its own. You don’t really need to add anything or even do anything, except for taking out a leaf, peeling it, and getting it’s gel, to reap it’s benefits.
Natural Night Cream:
- Wash your face.
- Apply your routine moisturizer.
- Pat your face with Aloe gel after.
In The Kitchen: