Home Remedies For Crows Feet: Doing It the Natural Way
I’m not saying that the over the counter stuff doesn’t work. Heck, prescription products are even better! But why go so far when the solution may very well be in your kitchen? So
Before you run to the store, why not just check your cupboards, ransack your ref for these great home remedies for crows feet? Treat crows feet the natural and absolutely 100% safe way.
It’s no secret that milk does the body good. Well, apparently, it works for your skin to- and not just by drinking it. Here are two remedies that you can try.
1. No mixing and no scavenging for ingredients- all you need is your milk and some clean cloth. Soak the cloth in milk then simply place it on your crows feet. You want to let it sit for a good 10 minutes before you rinse it off.
TIP: When washing your face, use cold water. Cold water actually helps tighten your skin.
Now, if you want something a tad bit more “complicated”, so to speak, you will need milk, some bread- a slice will do fine, almond oil, and a nice thing cloth. Instead of just putting stuff on your wrinkles, you will actually be making a compress of sorts.
Add a few drops of almond oil to your milk. Then, cut your slice of bread in half and soak both pieces. You can either wrap each one in a separate piece of cloth or wrap them together- just make sure that if you do this, it should be long enough to reach both eyes along with the areas around them. Place you homemade compress over your eyes and leave for 10-20 minutes. This is the perfect time for you to take a breather and relax as well.
- Why Milk Works: Milk actually contains both alpha-hydroxy acid as well as glycolic acid. These acids are actually great for cleaning out the outer layer of your skin, in this case, the outer layer of your crows feet. You can kind of think of it as a chemical peel of sorts that gets rid of the old wrinkled skin cells so that new un wrinkled ones can start to form.
Aloe Vera is absolutely amazing. This is definitely a must have plant in each and every household. If you don’t have one, you better get one. You see, Aloe Vera has tons of beauty benefits as well as medicinal ones. But focusing on crows feet, here is what you can do:
This is probably one of the simplest and at the same time most effective home remedies for crows feet there is. Simply pick a leaf fresh off the plant, squeeze out the gel, and apply generously around the eyes.
It is best to do this at night, on a clean dry face, right before you go to bed. No need to rinse off. Just let the skin soak up all of the goodness while you sleep.
- Why Aloe Vera Works: Aloe Vera is definitely a super plant- a super duper super plant even. It has vitamins and antioxidants- just what you need to fight off those free radicals that make you look older. Not only does it moisturize but it actually helps repair dry and damage skin as well- which are probably the main culprits behind crows feet. Along with that, it is also jam packed with amino acids that tighten and brighten your skin too.
One fruit that is actually great for your face is papaya. Sure, there are probably tons of other home remedies for crows feet out there, but since you have your homemade milk “cream” and “compress” along with your aloe vera “night gel”, you might as well add a good natural exfoliant to your combating crows feet routine.
Wash clean and slice your papaya. Scrape out the pulp and mix it with some dry oatmeal. Basically you want two parts papaya, one part oatmeal. Work the mixture into your skin in circles, massage, and leave for a good 10 minutes. Rinse. (Remember our tip above- COLD WATER is KING!!!)
TIP: Another tip is that after washing, always pat dry. NEVER rub a towel on your face. This is bad for your pores.
- Why Papaya (and dry oatmeal) Work(s): Basically, what you are aiming to get out of the papaya is all of it’s natural enzymes. These enzymes actually help get rid of the top layer of your skin, your crows feet and remove all of the dead skin cells which then helps speed up the turnover process making fresh new wrinkle free ones grow faster.
- As for the dry oatmeal, this basically acts as a good scrub, much like the ones that you usually get in any over the counter exfoliant.