So, you want your smoothie to get into the holiday spirit as well while still keeping things “lite” and healthy? Then this homemade pumpkin spice smoothie recipe is just for you.
Pumpkins are just great. Super healthy as they are jam-packed with:
- Fiber (great for digestion and weight loss. Keeps you fuller longer. Perfect for detox!)
- Antioxidants (which remember, antioxidants = anti aging)
- and Vitamin A (not only good for your vision, but for your skin and bones, too)
With this low calorie recipe, you’ll get the morning energy boost that you need without adding unwanted inches to the waist, not to mention that it is really yummy too.
Interested? Ingredients and instructions below:
What You Need:
- ½ Cup Pumpkin (Fresh or canned. But if you can’t get your hands on either, then a ½ a cup of pumpkin puree will suffice.)
- ½ Cup low fat yogurt (Preferably plain)
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ Teaspoon Maple Syrup
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- A Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- A Dash of Ground Nutmeg
What To Do:
Just as with most smoothie recipes, if not all, the hardest part is actually gathering all the ingredients that you need together. One you have everything in one place, all you really have to do is plug in your blender, dump in all of the ingredients listed above, and then simply whiz away.
You wanna keep on blending until everything is smooth and a tad bit creamy. Once you have just that consistency, pour out and drink up.