- Beta Carotene – The main reason you need beta carotene is because it converts to Vitamin A, which is actually what is good for your eyes. Vitamin A not only protects your eyes but also allows them to work properly. Having enough Vitamin A in your diet will help prevent eye diseases, such as nearsightedness, night blindness, and even glaucoma.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is an all-around antioxidant. And remember: ANTIOXIDANT = ANTI-AGING. So this will help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and crows feet and even help prevent cataracts, corneal ulcers, and macular degeneration.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E and Vitamin C basically go hand in hand. Also good for your skin as it helps keep healthy tissue strong.
- Copper – This also helps prevent macular degeneration.
- Bayberry Bark – This helps reduce inflammation in as well as around the eyes.
- Marshmallow Root – Similar to bayberry bark, marshmallow root also helps reduce and prevent inflammation. But this has the addition of soothing and calming properties.
- Red Raspberry Leaf – What makes red raspberry leaf good for your eyes is the anthocyanins that it contains. Anthocyanins actually help you focus and see in dim light settings. Plus anthocyanins also help protect your eye tissue from cell death caused by stress.
- Zeaxanthin – This is also another great natural antioxidant. Remember what we mentioned about that? However, what really makes zeaxanthin good is that it helps protect your eyes from the damages of blue light.
- Cayenne Pepper – This improves the blood circulation to your eyes, which is very important to get all the good stuff there in the first place.
- Goldenseal Root – This helps prevent eye infections and eye irritation.
- Lutein – Lutein pretty much protects your eyes from all sorts of damage that you can get from external factors, such as the sun, pollution, and other toxins. This also helps prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Zinc – Zinc is basically what keeps your retina healthy and functioning properly.
- Bilberry – Aside from helping prevent cataracts, macular degeneration, and glaucoma, bilberry actually helps reverse retinopathy, damage to your retinas.
- Eyebright Extract – Just based on the name itself, you already know that it is good for your eyes. Eyebright extract helps reduce inflammation of eyelash follicles and inflammation of the membrane lining of the eyelids as well.