Simple to make yet super effective, you could say that rose water is one little wonder.
Sure you could run off to the store and get yourself a bottle for over 30 bucks, but why do that when you can easily make some right at home? So here is a simple ‘rose water recipe’, if you will, followed by great ways to use your kitchen concoction.
Ready? Let’s go ahead and jump right in!
How To Make Rose Water:
- 1 cup of fresh rose petals
- 2 cups of boiling distilled water
All you have to do is pour the boiling distilled water into a bowl with the rose petals, cover, and let the petals steep for a good 30 minutes or so. Strain to get rid of the petals and simply pour the rose water into a bottle.
This lasts for a good ten days.
Remember the ratio, in case you wanna make more, it’s 1:2, 1 cup of rose petals is to 2 cups of water.
How To Use Rose Water:
1. Rose water mist– when you feel like your dry skin needs a quick refresher, you can use rose water as a take a long mist. Simply put in a spray bottle, take wherever you go, and spray right on your skin whenever needed.
2. Rose water makeup remover– Safe yet effective, all you have to do is add a few drops of your rose water on a cotton ball or pad then gently glide across your face to get rid of makeup after a long day.
3. Rose water skin toner– Used pretty much the same way as a makeup remover, dampen a cotton ball or pad then use to clean your face from any dirt or grime. Make sure that when you do apply on your face and neck, do so in an upward motion. This supposedly helps prevent wrinkles and sag, although rose water itself is already known to tighten skin and fight off fine lines, not to mention to give off a healthy youthful glow.
4. Rose water bath– Long day? Add two cups of rose water to your bath and enjoy a long relaxing soak in the tub. This will definitely help you de stress while softening and moisturizing your skin at the same time.
5. Rose water puffy eyes be gone– Long night? Well in this case, let some rose water sit in the freezer until cold then dampen a cotton pad and place on any puffy area. This helps soothe and smoothen tired skin at the same time.